Everybody and their brother has been weighing in on this topic since Friday. Actually they’ve been recycling the topic through the news cycle ever since the video was released. This morning when I was trying to drive out of the city of Chicago only to find every road someone would actually want to drive on was blocked for some (&)(&ing marathon, I couldn’t even listen to the radio. It seemed like every station was going on and on about this case. Honestly, I thought I would be happy when the news media stopped having 32767 talking heads constantly yacking about the Russia investigation without ever mentioning the Hillary Clinton Russia connections . . . I was wrong.
Yes, I was actually in the city when the verdict came down. Most loop businesses were sending employees home early in case the city turned into Ferguson Missouri. People asked me if I was going to leave and I responded “Why?” Employees happy to get a chance to leave work early rarely understand the hourly side of life. If there is billable work to be done, you don’t leave.
When they asked if I was worried about being trapped in the building I responded “We have air, running water and flush plumbing. There are more snacks, tea and soda in the break room than one person could eat in a month on any given day, but this was bagel day and last I was in the room there appeared to be 4 dozen left.”
Then came the question I knew they were working up to.
“What do you think about the verdict?”
Honestly, I was shocked it went to trial. I couldn’t believe than any lawyer had a pair big enough to believe they were Jason Bull.
My opinion is no more or less valid than any of the thousands of others which were most likely foisted on you if you are within the Chicago broadcasting area. Here it is. Feel free to ignore it.
- A petrified person has pee running down their leg and keeps squeezing the trigger after the gun is empty.
- An oopsie from the jitters and adrenaline would have been one shot. While a potentially the same tragic outcome, it could also be understandable.
- Reaching for a fresh clip when the gun locks back empty, to me, shows intent.
- Despite what you see on television shows, hitting someone in the shoulder or knee with a service revolver while adrenaline pumped is waaaaaay harder than the general public actually believes.
- Worthless (&)(*&)ing sites turning up in Google searches have absolutely no right to be listing his wife’s name and where she lives.
If family members aren’t out talking to the press, they aren’t fair game!
This is what journalism has devolved into in America. Continually poking the wound and stirring the division to sell advertising or bring in donations.
There was no way a jury was going to let him off without being paid off. They should have cut a deal and avoided the trial.
After however many months of the media painting a saint like image of the kid in the subconscious of the general public trying to demonize him to a jury was beyond stupid. Even stupider than going to trial attempting to win.
There you have it. Another opinion on this case you didn’t want. My apologies to those living outside of the Chicago viewing area who might not have heard about this case.